Jay Peak’s Exchange Rate Policy
Jay Peak accepts Canadian cash at par, for Canadian guests with current proof of residency, when the following products are purchased at the specific outlet. On property guests charging back to their room will be charged in US funds on their credit card or the converted Canadian amount if paying in cash.
- Lift Tickets
- Day passes for the Pump House Indoor Waterpark
- Day passes for the Nordic Ski & Snowshoe Trails
- Day passes to the Ice Haus Indoor Arena
- Golf rounds
- Season Passes (Ski & Ride, Pump House, etc.)
- Lessons (only Nordic and Learn-To-Skate)
- Rentals (Alpine Ski, Snowboard, Nordic, Skating)
- Change for at par products will be issued in Canadian funds
Canadian cash is accepted across the resort but an exchange rate will be applied at the following locations:
- All retail outlets (including The Gear Shop, The Mountain Shop, Provisions General Store, The Wave, The Ice Haus Pro Shop, Elevation 1851' Family Arcade, etc.)
- Ski and snowboard repairs and tunning
- All food and beverage outlets (get a full list HERE)
- Private ice rental at the Ice Haus Indoor Skating Arena
- All Move Up Gift Cards must be paid in US funds.
- All Taiga services
- The current exchange rate Jay Peak is using is $0.70. The exchange rate used by the resort is subject to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Change for products that are not at par will be issued in US funds, after the exchange rate is applied.
A mix of both.
- Lodging: All credit card transactions are charged in US funds so when your 50% deposit is taken on your CDN credit card, it will be automatically converted from US to CDN at whatever rate your credit card company is using. The remaining 50% balance can be paid at par, on check in with Canadian Cash, Certified Check or Money Order. No exchange rate adjustments will be made for other payment types.
- Ski & Ride School: you'll need to book your lessons in advance to get the dates/times you want, we'll take a 50% deposit on your credit card which will be processed in US funds and you can pay the remaining 50% balance at par, in Canadian cash when you check in for your lesson. If you happen to turn up on property and get a lesson on site, you can pay the full amount in person, at par, in Canadian cash.
- Canadian guests must provide proof of current residency to pay in Canadian cash.
- All credit cards are charged in US fund.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.